As the long, cold wintery days and nights fall upon us, what better way to spend a day then snuggled up on the couch with your favourite furry friend? With no lawn to cut, pool to vacuum or flowers to water, it’s the purrfect opportunity. Go on, you know you want to!
Here’s a list of my favourite furry flicks. Click on the titles to watch the trailers.
10. The Secret Life of Pets – You know you’ve always wondered.
9. All Dogs go to Heaven – Ahhhh, Charlie…
8. Finding Nemo – Even the scaley ones need love!
7. 101 Dalmatians – Because what’s better than 101 puppies?!? This one is spot on!
6. Lady & The Tramp – Inspiring us all to try a “spaghetti kiss”.
5. Marley & Me – You know it’s going to be good when it started as a book. Grab the box of tissues for this one!
4. Turner & Hooch – Slobbery, but adorable, and Tom Hanks is pretty great too.
3. Must Love Dogs – The mantra of every fine human.
2. Homeward Bound, The Incredible Journey – We love them all. Shadow so full of wisdom, Chance so full of mischief and Sassy so full of, well….sass!
1. Eight Below – An adaptation of real-life events. This story is full of adventure, hope, and commitment – all qualities that we admire about our own dogs. It also has one of my favourite quotes: “You’re my best girl Maya”. All that any dog ever wants or needs to hear.
Take some time this holiday season to sit back and relax with your favourite pet(s)!
Written by Angela Noble, Practice Manager