We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Are you looking to add a new furry addition to your family? If so, check out these local shelters/rescues that should be your first choice! Adopt, don’t shop!
A.R.F Ontario – Based in London, Ontario, is a rescue that works with local First Nations areas and helps to find stray animals a loving home. It is run 100% on donations and volunteers, and their goal is “to reduce the overall number of strays needing to be rescued.”
Helping Paws Rescue– Based right here in Aylmer, Helping Paws is a rescue we work closely with. They take in stray or surrendered animals and help to find them a perfect home. They also run solely on donations and volunteers, so if you want to make a donation or have any questions feel free to call the clinic, and we can help.
London Humane Society– Located in London, providing temporary shelter and finding a good home for surrendered, stray, or neglected animals. Their goal is “to lead London and Middlesex in building a humane and compassionate community for all animals.”
In April of 2018, I lost my best friend, Becky. She was my 13-year-old beagle I had loved since I was 8 years old. She was my whole world, and when she passed away, my heart was empty for a long time. I never thought I’d have another dog again.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
Last updated: Tuesday, May 19, 2020
1. We are currently operating a "closed-door" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 519-773-3911. We will take a history of your pet from outside of your car, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan.
2. We can now see all cases by appointment only.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Saturday from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the clinic. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment from your vehicle. We do have our online store available, which can be accessed from our website by clicking the online store button. We have currently lowered our delivery fee, and it's free for orders over $50.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
6. Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
7. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs. We have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this disease.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.