We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Have you ever just wondered what your dog is smelling? Do you come home from work and your dog has to sniff your pants before you can make it to the door? This is a daily ritual in my house. I have to think that there are a lot of fun and interesting smells in […]
Our clinic works with cattle as well as the pets we see in the clinic, and we thought that some of you might be interested in some of the ways technology is affecting cattle farming, especially dairy farms. While the fundamentals of personal care for the cattle, and providing quality food and housing haven’t changed, […]
Ahhhh Christmas, my favourite time of the year. I just love the excitement around this holiday! I love the time spent with family and friends, the delicious food, beautiful Christmas carols and decorations, I could go on and on! If you are lucky enough to be enjoying the holidays with a furry friend, you know […]
As the long, cold wintery days and nights fall upon us, what better way to spend a day then snuggled up on the couch with your favourite furry friend? With no lawn to cut, pool to vacuum or flowers to water, it’s the purrfect opportunity. Go on, you know you want to!
Winter is coming, according to one of my favourite TV shows and the recent colder temperatures. The colder weather brings lots of challenges to many of us, lack of motivation, less exercise, inevitable weight gain, and boredom. All of these things can also affect our dogs.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
Last updated: Tuesday, May 19, 2020
1. We are currently operating a "closed-door" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 519-773-3911. We will take a history of your pet from outside of your car, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan.
2. We can now see all cases by appointment only.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Saturday from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the clinic. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment from your vehicle. We do have our online store available, which can be accessed from our website by clicking the online store button. We have currently lowered our delivery fee, and it's free for orders over $50.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
6. Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
7. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs. We have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this disease.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.